Thursday, January 26, 2012

What Not to Use a Shovel For...


January 25, 2012:
This was the day Brigham learned what not to use a shovel for...

It's a good thing it didn't ruin this cute face permanently!
Exhibit 'A': A slash across front of a cute nose...
The victim: Brigham Hall Schmutz The Offender: Steven Ray Schmutz (who has made a guilty plea, but insists it was not intentional, and he should not receive a harsh sentence!)
The Location: The Backyard
The Weapon of Choice: "A Shovel" (Exhibit 'B')

Exhibit 'C': Shirt covered in victim's blood...
The Story: So, I am in eating lunch (a very yummy turkey avocado open sandwich) in peace, because the little boys were out in the backyard playing...and had been for probably an hour! I was thinking, "this is so nice to have good enough weather that they can go out and enjoy it. And, wow, they have not had a mishap this whole time. amazing!" Just as the "amazing" thought came into my head...The screams began. It was Brigham crying, so I knew something was wrong! (Brigham will yell at Ray a lot, but he doesn't cry unless he is hurt.) So, I meet them at the back door, and it was very gory! Brigham had blood coming out his nose, all over his hands, mouth, and shirt! I asked what happened, and Brigham said, "Way (Ray) hit me with a shovel." I turned to Ray, "What happened Ray?" Ray responded, "I accidentally hit Briggy with a shovel." I ask, "How do you accidentally hit someone with a shovel?" Ray proceeded to explain he was playing with the shovel and Brigham walked into his "slashing" motions. I still wasn't convinced (still imagining our long garden shovel as the weapon of choice, and how he was even "slashing" it around)...then I told Ray to go get the shovel that hit Brigham. That is when all the pieces came together. It was just the little garden shovel (thankfully)...Ray was using as his "sword" in Ray's world...and Brigham just tried to jump into the story without Ray realizing it...and Brigham got it right across the nose! Learning...what NOT to use a shovel for! :)


No Worries though...Ray raided the raspberry carton, and all of it was soon behind Brigham. No hard feelings and no grudges! He is a pretty tough little guy! His nose looked swollen and sore! I kept asking him if his nose hurt and he would tell me no, but I know it had to!


Nothing like a raspberry to smooth over any damage done! Brigham sure LOVES hanging out with Ray. And these cute hugs for pictures or to make up from a fight...always turn into a wrestling match! BOYS...that is all I can say!

And my crazy little boys are buddies again! I know that this is not going to be the last time blood and shovels could come into play with these boys! It is amazing what happens when boys get together and come up with "ideas" (generally not good ones! :) ) Oh the posts I'll have when Otis joins in this little dynamic duo...it will be a tumultuous trio! I do just LOVE these little boys! So grateful it wasn't as bad as it looked when I met him at the backdoor! In fact, I was so worried to find out if it was really bad, that I didn't get a picture of it looking so gory, and once I realized he was going to be ok, I was really sad I didn't get the cool gory shot! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment